Footsteps Following Christ & Parenting Through The Eyes Of A Princess Of THE King.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Weak

You can take God out of my school
you can make me listen to you
You can take God out of the pledge
but you can't take God out of my head

Listen to me closely,lend me your ear
the substance of my statemnet lets you know I'm sincere
Government officials, shapers of the land
I've to to tell you something you need to understand

You can't take God away from me
you can take my life, my land, my liberty
Lock me up, I'll still be free
'cause you can't take God from me

You can take God out of the law
you can make me listen to ya'll
You can take God out of the start
but you can't take God out of my heart

Listen to me closely, lend me your ear
the substance of my statement lets you know I'm sincere
Government officials, shapers of the land
I've to to tell you something you need to understand

You can't take God away from me
you can take my life, my land, my liberty
Lock me up, I'll still be free
'cause you can't take God from me

You can't take God, you can't take God away
You can't take God, you can't take God away
You can't take God, you can't take God away
You can't take God, you can't take God away

You can't take God away from me
You can take my life, my land, my liberty
Lock me up, I'll still be free
'cause you can't take God from me

Audio Adrenaline (Can't take God from me)

There is nothing more to say than i love this song.
I have the song on repeat in the loungeroom.
It makes me think.

Recently i have been feeling so weak, emotionally, physically and sexually.
It all hit me when i went home basically.
But when i listen to this song i stop and say to myself well No one can take God from me. I chose to walk away from God. I chose not to go to him for whatever reason.

When i went home for 2 weeks there wasn't a church i would go to in my home town but i could of read the bible, i could of taken some worship music with me.

I know on the inside of me i feel sooo weak sometimes, but i don't go to God coz i know i will break. I have to allow myself to crumble in the arms of my Heavenly Father, or i will turn to the arms of someone wrong. I hate admitting i am so weak but it's true.

On sunday i was in church and i had tears in my eyes, my instant thought was "Pull yourself together Kelly, this is church" and i instantly looked around hoping no one seen me.

I was in church. God's place and i stopped myself from crying. What hurts me the most is i stopped myself from crying because no one there except Lami knew me and i don't cry infront of strangers..

Maybe you need to look into your heart and see what broken parts need to be given to God..

No one can take God from you!
God won't walk away from you!
You chose???
What ya gonna do?

4 comments:

Deb said...

I hear ya, Kellie - sometimes there's such a battle with pride and cultures, ay?! But I'm praying for you in the midst of your transitioning and stuff :)

*hugs*

><> Kelly ><> said...

Thanks Deb, it's awesome to have online friends for support. Life does get hard at times and it's good to know there are some awesome christian sister chicks out there. We gotta stick together.
(((hug)))

Katie said...

*hugz* it took me a bit to figure out how to respond to this, coz i know that it applies to me, and that i gotta chose God.
*hugz* love ya

><> Kelly ><> said...

*hug*
sometimes we twist thing to make chosing God really hard, but it's not we just gotta learn to surrender to him.