Footsteps Following Christ & Parenting Through The Eyes Of A Princess Of THE King.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Parenting

I was in the church service today listening to Pastor Paul talk about family, children and grandkids etc. It's warming to hear a man talk about the love for his family so openly, some of what he said got me thinking.

So often we do look past our children because there a things we need to do in life, there is always something to do, somewhere to go or someone to see. In life we are rush rush rush and we don't stop to smell the roses.

As a mother there is something much more important than stopping to smell the roses. Yes, smelling the roses might be nice, but stopping to pray with your child, hug him or play with him is a memory they will carry on for life. The smell of roses will fade in your memory, but a childhood determines alot of our children's future.

I want to step up and re commit myself to being a mother, God has given me one of his precious children to raise and bring up in this world and i want to do it the right way. When my son is older i want to be able to look at him knowing that i have always driven myself to be the best Mom i could be. I want to know in myself that i was always in counsel with God and that there weren't vital times i constantly missed.

I know i am not the perfect Mom, I know perfection cannot be reached here on earth. What i do know though is that my precious little son has got the Mom perfect for him, and that she is trying her best.

There is a big wide world out there our children enter sooner than we realise, don't blink to much or you will miss it all. I challange you today to spend some time with your child, hug him/her, tell them how important they are and even spend a few minutes praying with them.

Don't just pray for your children tonight, pray for yourself as a parent. Parenting is a full time job and once you start you cannot stop. We will make mistakes, we do have faults and flaws, ask God to reveal them to you overtime so you can work on them one by one.

Don't make a list and sigh because you think you have more faults than anyone else, it's not a competition and each of us are different. Remember you are also someone's child and very loved!

3 comments:

Lami said...

Amen
And We can even stop and smell the roses with them.
Alllllllll the roses if Nai has her way.

><> Kelly ><> said...

hahaha...
i know she sooooooooo loves to be slow and all in Nai's time

Deb said...

wow - big, noble goals....and you're doing great! :)