Footsteps Following Christ & Parenting Through The Eyes Of A Princess Of THE King.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Words Can Wound

I have often advoided doing things because i am a shy person.
I get to scared of rejection and what wiil think of me, so i simply don't do anything.
Last week i went to a meeting for the leaders of our church craft group, and i have decided to put my name down in the creche area to help out.

I also went to the actual craft today. There were many things people could chose to do.
Lami choose painting, and even though the scared part of me wanted to follow her for security - I never. I felt God guiding me toward the beading, so i joined that group.

I made 2 pretty bracelets during the session.
I also got to talk to some great ladies, who were all nice!
So i managed to get away from my security and venture out on my own.

During the tea break i had a biscuit.
At that point a dark skinned lady approached me and began talking to me.
At first i thought she was nice and we were having a good conversation, that was until she proceeded to insult me. She told me that i have a demon in me causing my epilepsy and a demon causing my obesity. She also told me i should stand infront of the mirror every morning saying God never designed me this way, and i should be a size 12.

I was so shocked and offended by this point and felt like bursting into tears.
Because i was in an atmosphere with people i didn't know that well i must of put on a mask.
Because on the inside i was screaming help, but Lami said when Anne and her were looking at me i looked fine. They were even talking about how well me and this lady were getting along.

I believe that this woman was there as an attack from the enemy, because he is the only one to benefit from me not going back to this group. I am amazed i acted in such a way, and never slapped her - because she deserved one.

As Christians we need to set an example to others, that is with the way we act and speak. This lady was in no way an example of the love of Christ, and if i wasn't a Christian i wouldn't ever want to go back to that group. What she said really hurt me as a Christian, so the damage it could do to a non Christian is enormous.

I am okay now, but it took a little while.
I know she is wrong and the way she spoke was wrong.
I do however hope i never talk to her again and pray for others who do.

Words have power. The way we speak has power. Our attitude has power.
We can help lead people to Christ with words and we also can scar people with our words.
Make sure you are the example Christ wants you to be, and be careful with words.
They have the potiential to break hearts.


2 comments:

Zarna said...

Sometimes people mean well but they are just really really misguided with their comments. There are also some people that believe that anything "bad" won't come from God so it must be a result of the devils work.
As long as your health isn't affected you don't need to lose weight unless you want to. God made you and he made you in his image!
Don't let this woman affect how you interact in new situations and around new people.

><> Kelly ><> said...

Thanks Zarna.
The woman hasn't upset me in my everyday life. I was just hurt by her comment.
My weight doesn't affect my life at all. I don't have a desire to push myself to lose weight. But if i did lose some them i wouldn't be unhappy if you know what i mean.
I do exercise and i don't eat majorally unhealthy. like yes i have coke, chips and cordial. but i don't like eat the house out of food..
I don't think she meant it in a nice way. i think she is just hurtful