Footsteps Following Christ & Parenting Through The Eyes Of A Princess Of THE King.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Child Care


Most of you know i have been trying to get Lachlan into child care for sometime, but waiting list were long and chances weren't looking good. Finally this week i got a call from the Child care centre saying that there was a position for Lachlan if i wanted to take it. I accepted, so Lachlan now has childcare one day a week. To start with i am only having him on half days, so both Lachlan and i can adjust to it.


Lachlan normally hates holding hands, but this morning as we walked to child care for orientation he put his hand out for me to hold. He must of known that Mama needed him. We finally got to child care and i signed him in, then having to do the hardest thing and leave. I said bye and he blew me kisses and played with his toy.

Leaving i felt a little sad, but at the same time happy that Lachlan was okay. If he made a scene about me leaving and cried, i would of found it so much harder- I would of cried. But he blew me kisses, and for me that was an "I'm okay mum". I left feeling proud of the way my little boy had acted on his big day.



His visit went fantastic. They said he was good right up until a few minutes before i arrived he got a little teary eyed. I could tell it was because he was tired, he was up about 45 minutes earlier than he normally does. He done very well for his visit.

I know this is the best place for him, it will be good to see him develop more skills, learn more words and make some little friends.

6 comments:

Lami said...

YAY
I am the first one to comment.
He was such a big boy, and done really well.
And you had a bestie who made sure that you wernet alone.
Lucky you ;-)

><> Kelly ><> said...

I don't have a burden on my heart about this, and it is sitting rather well. I know in my heat thats a gos thing.
I think it will take a little time to get used to but thats expected.

Rinni said...

Your little boy is very cute! :)

I'll be praying for things to keep going well! He did better than me at my first day of school! I can easily see why you are so proud of this gorgous little man!

><> Kelly ><> said...

Thanks Rinni =D
I am sure he will continue to blossom. Apparently he is a real individual skills so he has to develop a taste for friends :P
He prefers to play by himself so far :)

Deb said...

awww....I'm glad it went well...and give him time :)

Zarna said...

That's so good that he got to go. I'm excited for you