Footsteps Following Christ & Parenting Through The Eyes Of A Princess Of THE King.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Reaching Out


Yesterday i had a meeting with one of the pastor's in our church.
For months i had felt something inside of me, needing to speak with her.
But each time i let fear dismiss the idea and went about life.
Until the other day i realised if i don't make the appointment i am not going to go.. and i couldn't skip out on an appointment with the Pastor.

Yesterday i went to the appointment and we talked for about an hour, discussing a range of different things.
And by the time i left i had agreed to see her every 3 weeks for 12 months.
Our discussion wasn't bad, but it was deep.
I felt like i was able to talk, and that she was listening.
By the time i left the appointment i was able to process what we had spoken about and look forward to building a relationship with my pastor.

Yes i think having a relationship with your Pastor is important.
This is the first church i have attended full time, and it has taken 11 months to make an appointment to really talk to a Pastor.
I am proud of myself.

Because yesterday i wanted to advoid the appointment, but i challenged myself in.
I was honest, upfront and told her how i felt (even that i was scared of being there).

In the next 12 months i can see myself hopefully working through some things with the Pastor, things to prepare me for the future, for my marriage, for my life.... Spiritually, emotionally and mentally..

No comments: